Take an American Canoe Association Swiftwater Rescue course right here in Maine with Northeast Whitewater, Maine’s leader in whitewater training and Swiftwater rescue training. Northeast Whitewater swiftwater rescue training clinic teaches recognition and avoidance of common river hazards and execution of self-rescue. Rescue vest application, strainers, entrapment, and pins are discussed, and scenarios are practiced. We use kayaks, rafts, inflatable kayaks, and canoes for our Maine swiftwater rescue programs. All equipment is provided. We offer 2-day and 3-day swiftwater rescue training throughout New England; or let us customize a class that suits your group’s needs.
There is no better place to have this American Canoe Association swiftwater rescue training and instruction than in Maine. Maine’s rivers in the Moosehead Lake area offer whitewater variety in level and difficulty. Northeast Whitewater challenges its participants through thoughtful whitewater predicaments that will help participants to stay level headed, all the while learning to become more comfortable in whitewater. There will be instruction both on and off the water. Northeast Whitewater ACA-certified Instructors and Registered Maine Guides will teach you what you need to know about river rescue & safety.
Contact us for more information about our Swiftwater Rescue courses or schedule directly with our online reservations.
Are you a whitewater rafting guide? You’ve got to take our Wilderness First Aid & CPR course. This course is State of Maine approved for rafting guide trip leader status!
This is trip leader training for whitewater enthusiasts, boaters and guides!
Private Swiftwater Rescue Instruction
Our private swiftwater rescue instruction training courses are ideal for anyone who is interested in customized one on one swiftwater instruction training. Private swiftwater instruction training is centered on you and your skill level. There is no better way to improve yourrescue skills than private swiftwater instruction training course with our knowledgeable and friendly swiftwater reascue instructors. Our Private swiftwater rescue course is custom tailored for youth groups, summer camps, and individuals eager to learn the basics of kayaking, advance in skill level and simply have fun! Group pricing is available!
- All equipment provided. State-of-the-art Swiftwater Rescue equipment, rescue PFDs, helmets, and all other safety equipment, transportation, ACA-certified instructors, a Registered Maine Guide on every trip, and a river lunch are all included.
- Ages 14 and over are welcome in our swiftwater rescue courses and ACA instructional clinics. A parent or guardian must accompany anyone under the age of 18.
- Minimum 6 participants in all instructional clinics or join an existing class.
- We offer swiftwater rescue courses & training in Maine and throughout New England.
- Wetsuits are available at an additional cost and required on some trips.
- Video and photos are available on any trip at an additional cost and must be requested in advance.
- We pride ourselves on small personalized trips and clinics.
- You must sign up for all scheduled programs in advance.
- Our instructor-to-student ratio is 6 to 1 maximum.
- Please pack a bag lunch for both days.
- We welcome the use of your own boat or equipment as long as it meets our specifications and guidelines.