Northeast Whitewater is the only whitewater rafting company and guide service located at beautiful and scenic Moosehead Lake Region. Conveniently located between both the Kennebec and Penobscot rivers, we can offer you outdoor enjoyment in a world-class outdoor destination, a fun Maine summer job and consistent employment. We are a small company that offers big adventures, through quality, personalized trips that exceed our guest’s expectations in the Maine outdoors. Northeast Whitewater is recognized as the number one training company in the State of Maine for Swiftwater rescue and outdoor instructional programs. Where else can you raft, kayak, canoe, see Maine wildlife, and say that your office is the Maine outdoors and have the luxury of calling it all work?! Join our team to experience the best Maine summer job!
Current Positions Available with Northeast Whitewater
- Registered Maine Whitewater Guides: Ability to lead whitewater rafting trips on Maine rivers. Level 1 and 2 Maine Whitewater Guide license. CPR/First Aid certification required. Advanced First Aid skills a plus. If you are interested in becoming a Registered Maine Rafting Guide, check out our Maine Whitewater Rafting Guide Course
- Registered Maine Recreation Guides: Seeking guides interested in one or all of the following activities to lead ATV tours, kayaking, canoeing, moose tours, stand up paddle board and overnight trips. Registered Maine Recreational Guide license. CPR/First Aid certification required. Advanced First Aid skills a plus. If you are interested in becoming a Registered Maine Recreation Guide, check out our Maine Recreational Guide Course
- Naturalist (Recreation Guide in Training): Interested individuals will be given the opportunity, after participating in our Maine Guide course, to obtain on the job training while working as a Naturalist (guide in training) until they have obtained their State of Maine recreation guides license (within appropriated time frame).
- Bus Drivers and Support Staff: Commercial CDL drivers license with passenger endorsement. Good driving record. Ability to maintain and care for vehicles. Must meet all current DOT requirements.
- Adventure Coordinators & Marketing Assistants: Provide a positive guest experience via phone and online correspondence planning Northeast Whitewater vacations, showcasing our adventure services, through social media, trip planning, and booking reservations. Good telephone, computer, sales and organizational skills a must. Mac computer experience a plus.
- Videographers and Photographers: Experienced in shooting and editing video using Final Cut Pro & Photos using Photoshop. Ability to kayak class 3 to 4+ whitewater and a Maine Whitewater Guide License a plus.
- Internships available:
- Adventure Marketing – This position will have the opportunity to gain practical experience in all areas of managing a recreation facility and further advance skills in Marketing, Branding, Networking, Administration, Customer Relations and Social Media. Interested? Find out more.
- Maintenance and Grounds Staff: Ability to repair and maintain buildings, equipment, and vehicles. Must be mechanically inclined and have knowledge of carpentry, mechanics, landscaping, and operating equipment. CDL with passenger endorsement a plus.
Northeast Whitewater offers competitive salaries, a friendly work environment, and room for advancement. We are also willing to train the right people. Please complete and return the employment application form and your resume to:
Human Resources Director
P.O. Box 1623
Greenville, Maine 04441-1623