Employment Opportunities with Northeast Whitewater
Northeast Whitewater is the only white water rafting company and guide service located at beautiful and scenic Moosehead Lake. Conveniently located between both the Kennebec and Penobscot rivers, we can offer you outdoor enjoyment in a world-class outdoor destination, a fun Maine summer job and consistent employment with our Northeast Whitewater employment opportunities. We are a small company that offers big adventures, through quality, personalized trips that exceed our guest’s expectations in the Maine outdoors. Northeast Whitewater is recognized as the number one training company in the State of Maine for Swiftwater rescue and outdoor instructional programs. Where else can you raft, kayak, canoe, see Maine wildlife, and say that your office is the Maine outdoors and have the luxury of calling it all work?! Join our team to experience the best Maine summer job!
Current Positions Available with Northeast Whitewater
- Registered Maine Whitewater Guides: Ability to lead whitewater rafting trips on Maine rivers. Level 1 and 2 Maine Whitewater Guide license. CPR/First Aid certification required. Advanced First Aid skills a plus.If you are interested in becoming a Registered Maine Rafting Guide, check out our Maine Whitewater Rafting Guide Course
- Registered Maine Recreation Guides: Seeking guides interested in one or all of the following activities to lead ATV tours, kayaking, canoeing, moose tours, stand up paddle board and overnight trips. Registered Maine Recreational Guide license. CPR/First Aid certification required. Advanced First Aid skills a plus.If you are interested in becoming a Registered Maine Recreation Guide, check out our Maine Recreational Guide Course
- Naturalist (Recreation Guide in Training): Interested individuals will be given the opportunity, after participating in our Maine Guide course, to obtain on the job training while working as a Naturalist (guide in training) until they have obtained their State of Maine recreation guides license (within appropriated time frame).
- Maintenance and Grounds Staff: Ability to repair and maintain buildings, equipment, and vehicles. Must be mechanically inclined and have knowledge of carpentry, mechanics, landscaping, and operating equipment. CDL with passenger endorsement a plus.
- Cleaner/Laundry Attendant: Part-time position with typical schedule from 10 AM – 2 PM; cleans yurts and bathhouse by sweeping out the yurts, removing guest garbage, change the bedding, managing the laundry, cleaning bathhouse showers, toilets and floors.
- Cook: Part-time position as breakfast cook for summer camp meals. Typical day is from 7 AM – 10 AM. All dates are pre-scheduled in advance, so it is a set schedule for anyone interested in picking up some additional work during the summer.
- Bus Drivers and Support Staff: Commercial CDL drivers license with passenger endorsement. Good driving record. Ability to maintain and care for vehicles. Must meet all current DOT requirements.
- Retail Customer Service Associate: Part-time customer service and retail position to assist the office manager. This is an afternoon position typically begins at 2 PM. Job duties include point of sale, retail gift shop service, computer data entry, customer focus with guest encounters and support in administrative functions as assigned. Must have MAC experience.
- Adventure Coordinators & Marketing Assistants: Provide a positive guest experience via phone and online correspondence planning Northeast Whitewater vacations, showcasing our adventure services, through social media, trip planning, and booking reservations. Good telephone, computer, sales and organizational skills a must. Mac computer experience a plus.
- Videographers and Photographers: Experienced in shooting and editing video using Final Cut Pro & Photos using Photoshop. Ability to kayak class 3 to 4+ whitewater and a Maine Whitewater Guide License a plus.
- Internships available:
- Adventure Marketing – This position will have the opportunity to gain practical experience in all areas of managing a recreation facility and further advance skills in Marketing, Branding, Networking, Administration, Customer Relations and Social Media. Interested? Find out more.
Northeast Whitewater Employment Opportunities offer staff competitive salaries, a friendly work environment, and room for advancement. We are also willing to train the right people. Please complete and return the employment application form and your resume to:
Human Resources Director
P.O. Box 1623
Greenville, Maine 04441-1623