Class: III – IV
Length: 16 miles
Dates: Scheduled releases
Requirements: Minimum age 12
16 miles of continuous Maine rafting with non-stop whitewater, the Dead River is an exhilarating ride. The water levels swell with scheduled dam releases, making this wild whitewater rafting trip from Grand Falls to the confluence of the Dead and Kennebec Rivers ever changing and always exciting. The Dead River has six scheduled high water release dates that are sure to get your blood pumping. Since the Dead River only releases a few times a year for whitewater rafting, the level of whitewater released from raft trip to raft trip is unpredictable, which makes this whitewater rafting adventure a new experience every time. There are multiple class III-IV rapids.
Ask about Northeast Whitewater’s Two Rivers in Two Days discount packages.
If you’re ready for the Dead River, the Dead River is ready for you on scheduled release days from May – October.
What Equipment is Provided For The Rafting?
- Northeast Whitewater provides all the equipment you need for your Dead River whitewater rafting trip, including state-of-the-art self-bailing rafts, Type V lifejackets, paddles, helmets and safety equipment. Wetsuits are available at an additional cost and are required on some whitewater rafting trips on the Dead River.
Who Else Will Be On The Raft With Us?
- Every boat on a Northeast Whitewater Dead River whitewater rafting trip is helmed by a Registered Maine Guide.
How Do We Get To Dead River?
- Northeast Whitewater provides the local transportation for your Dead River trip.
What Other Fees Are Included In Our Trip?
- A user fee of $12.50 to cover road access to the Dead River and a State of Maine head fee is added to each whitewater rafting guest.
What Time Do Dead River Rafting Trip Starts?
- All Dead River rafting trips meet at the Northeast Whitewater Moosehead Lake Basecamp at 8am.
Is Food Provided On The Trip?
- Our famous river lunch is included in your Dead River whitewater rafting adventure.
Will There Be Photos Available From Our Trip?
- Northeast Whitewater screens a photo slideshow of the day’s whitewater rafting adventure (available for purchase). Video is available on any Dead River whitewater rafting trip at an additional cost and must be requested in advance
How Many People Will Be On The Trip?
- We pride ourselves on small, personalized trips. Northeast Whitewater requires a minimum of eight participants on guided Dead River whitewater rafting trips. If your party is less, you can join an existing whitewater rafting trip.
How Much Do The Rafts Cost?
- Sport Rafts are available for all Dead River whitewater rafting trips. Sport Rafts are the smallest rafts on the river. Everything looks and feels bigger. Sport rafts guarantee that you will have your own raft, and are driven by only the most experienced Northeast Whitewater Registered Maine guides.
- $150 for a 14′ raft (6 person minimum)
- $250 for a 13′ raft (4 person minimum)
- Ask about our Two Rivers in Two Days discount whitewater rafting packages
Thank you for the rides of a lifetime! Rafting was the best part of our trip – no question.