Northeast Whitewater is a nature based outdoor adventure guide service with on site yurts, ideal for families and friends to enjoy time together in the outdoors with a mix of education, fun, quality time and of course adventure. We are your Moosehead Must Do! When you start planning for your Moosehead Outdoor Adventures, look no further than our outdoor adventures checklist for your next adventure vacation when planning to visit Maine. Northeast Whitewater entertains guests that love hardcore adventure and families seeking memorable moments spent in the outdoors learning about our area, the woods, the wildlife that live here – moose in particular – and world class whitewater rivers. Located at Moosehead Lake and in the heart of moose country, guests choose from our yurts or tent camping and embrace whitewater rafting thrills, wildlife and moose watching, canoeing, kayaking, hiking or a simple day of relaxing. Check out our Moosehead Outdoor Adventures Checklist to help with your next visit to Maine and it won’t be long now and you’ll be ready to pack your bags!
- The first step is simplifying what to bring on vacation. We get it, you want to make sure you have an outfit for every occasion, but is it really necessary? Let’s get down to basics and keep packing simple. T-shirt, shorts, bathing suit, long pants, sweatshirt or fleece, rain coat, sandals and a pair of sneakers cover the clothing that is suitable for really any activity spent in the outdoors. These simple items allow you to layer, mix and match based on the weather and go swimming when the opportunity arises.
- Packing for camping or a stay in our yurts? Our yurt and camping checklist goes like this:
- Pack your tent and tarp, sleeping bags, ground pads and pillow. Don’t forget camp chairs for sitting around the camp fire, a headlamp, camp stove & fuel for grilling and chilling; fire starter, cooking pans, plates and utensils, biodegradable soap, sponges and drying cloth. You will want to take showers after adventuring in the outdoors, so personal bathing products and towels for shower room are important. If staying in our yurts; we provide bedding, pillows, blankets, fan, electricity and comfortable and unique space to sleep, visit – oh and stargaze through the dome at night!
- Choosing the right adventures for you and your family: Our guest favorite Moosehead Outdoor Adventures is our Surf & Turf Package. Two activities, two uniquely informative and fun guided trips and only two days is needed with your choice of 1 or 2 nights lodging stay. Go whitewater rafting and surf up the river waves packaged with our wildlife tour to see the animal that rules the turf of the Moosehead Lake area – the infamous Maine moose! Guests can join Northeast Whitewater guides on your choice of either a morning or evening moose watching tour, and choice of the Kennebec River or Penobscot River rafting trips, as well as choice of tent camping or king bed yurts or bunk bed yurts lodging stay. Surf & Turf Adventure package is a great way to experience Maine!
- We get it – you want to see the most of Maine while you are here. Don’t fret. You don’t need to have multiple days to get outside and adventure with us. Choose from our full and half day trips and enjoy inflatable kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, ice cave excursion or waterfall hikes on one of our guided trips. Short, quick and fun adventures start at 3 hour outings, or go all out on a Maine whitewater rafting trip! Whatever the adventure Northeast Whitewater guides are fun to spend the day with when visiting the Moosehead Lake area!
Next steps: if you are intrigued, have questions or are ready for the best Maine outdoor adventure vacation and are ready to book your Moosehead Outdoor Adventures with Northeast Whitewater, you can give us a call at 207-695-0151 or Get Started with our helpful online reservations. Don’t let summer slip away with out getting outside and adventuring with us. We hope to see you on our Moosehead Outdoor Adventures soon!